Hi Everyone, here’s another Fathers Day card, this time I tried out a technique using baby wipes and a stencil for part of the background effect. I am really pleased with the way it turned
Hi Everyone, here’s another Fathers Day card, this time I tried out a technique using baby wipes and a stencil for part of the background effect. I am really pleased with the way it turned out, particularly having the turquoise in there which lifts the colour but still looks masculine enough.
To Make the Card Background
Start with an A6 Kraft card blank and layer it with turquoise card.
For the background cut a piece of white card to 9.5 x 13.75cm, use a foam ink blending tool to blend distress oxide ink all over the card. You need to be generous with the ink on this for the technique to work properly.
Take a brayer and roll it all over the stencil area, this presses the baby wipe into the spaces in the stencil and the moisture in the baby wipe lifts the ink. As you roll the brayer over it you will start to see the ink colour coming through the baby wipe, that’s when you know it’s working!
Lift off the baby wipe and stencil and you should see the effect with the ink colour being much lighter in the areas that the baby wipe was touching.
To Make the Rest of the Card
- A6 Kraft blank card and envelope
- 6 x 6 Tim Holtz Kraft Core paper pad
- A4 smooth white card
- Foam ink blending tool
- Distress Oxide ink pads Vintage Photo, Antique Linen, Frayed Burlap, Peacock Feathers, Black Soot
- Tim Holtz layering stencil Gears
- Ranger small brayer
- Baby wipes
- Bon Voyage clear stamp set
- Old Letter clear stamp
- Natural hessian ribbon
- Paper cord Natural
- Marianne Craftable Tags and tickets die set
- Ranger Perfect Medium Embossing ink pad
- WOW Verdigris embossing powder
- Folding heat gun
- Gold Fathers Day peel off
- 1mm adhesive foam pads
- 6mm ultra high bond double sided tape