Hi Everyone, here’s a lovely summery birthday card using a new die set from Creative Expressions called Butterfly Garden. The set has five dies, one to cut the decorative frame and one to cut out
Hi Everyone, here’s a lovely summery birthday card using a new die set from Creative Expressions called Butterfly Garden. The set has five dies, one to cut the decorative frame and one to cut out the decorative frame so that you can cut the design in or out. For this card I chose to cut it out and ran the two dies through the machine together. The other three dies in the set are three different butterflies that you can use to make your own embellishments.
I really wanted a colourful background behind the die cut frame but needed something quite plain as the frame itself is so intricate. I think the rainbow style blended inks give just the right amount of colour without making the card too busy. The ink colours from top to bottom are Broken China, Crushed Olive, Twisted Citron, Fossilized Amber, Spiced Marmalade and Dusty Concord.
Again I kept the greeting very simple and finished off with a die cut butterfly and some adhesive crystals.
- Take a 6 x 6 white, blank card and trim it to 13.5cm square, cut a piece of white card 13cm square and create the inked background using a foam ink blending tool and the ink colours listed above, adhere this to the front of the card.
- Die cut the floral frame from white card and adhere over the inked background.
- Stamp Happy Birthday in Dusty Concord Distress ink on a strip of white card, trim the ends of the strip at an angle and use foam tape to attach it across the centre of the card.
- Die cut a butterfly from white card and use a tiny piece of foam tape to attach it to the card so that it overlaps the top of the sentiment strip.
- To finish off stick different sizes of adhesive crystals to some of the flower centres.
I am so pleased with the results, I can’t wait to give it to someone now. I hope you like it too, please leave a comment to let me know what you think.
All supplies are linked below.
Thank you for dropping in.
- 6 x 6 white blank card and envelope
- A4 Smooth white card
- Foam ink blending tool
- Distress Oxide ink pads, Broken China, Crushed Olive, Twisted Citron, Fossilized Amber, Spiced Marmalade.
- Distress ink pad Dusty Concord
- Butterfly Garden die set
- Many Messages clear stamp set
- Foam tape
- Craft tacky glue
- Self adhesive assorted size crystals