Hi Everyone, as a change to card making, I have been dying to give these new dies a test run ever since they arrived in stock. My daughter Garcia beat me to it though and
Hi Everyone, as a change to card making, I have been dying to give these new dies a test run ever since they arrived in stock. My daughter Garcia beat me to it though and I’m very glad she did as she has produced some stunning boxes!!
For the most part the boxes are made simply by die cutting the various shapes and gluing them together, however, I felt it was worth a little bit of explanation as to how the dies work and what you actually need to have to make a complete box.
Start with a lid and base set, we have the Cutesy Blooms Square Box Lid and Base set, this contains all the dies you need to make and decorate the lid and base for your box. You will also need at least one set of dies to cut and decorate the sides of the box. These come in three different heights, with different designs of decorative panels, all three heights fit the same square lid and base.
|Here are the three sizes of box along with the die sets.|
The shortest box is 10.75cm tall, and requires these two die sets. The decorative panel has been cut in yellow card and then again in orange card, the pieces from the orange card have been inlaid into the front panel of the box, with adhesive pearls for decoration.
- Cutesy Blooms Square Kaleidoscope Box Lid and Base set
- Hand Crafted with Love Kaleidoscope Box insert panel set
- My Gift to You Kaleidoscope Box insert panel set
- Towering Trellis Kaleidoscope Box insert panel set
- Festive Colours A4 card pack
- A4 Smooth White Card
- A4 Silver Mirror card
- Various colours of card
- Silver tassels
- Craft Tacky Glue
- 5mm Natural adhesive pearls
- Narrow metallic silver ribbon
- 3mm Metallic edge ribbon Gold on Gold
- Christmas colour adhesive crystals 3mm